Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Been awhile...sorry

I am not to fond of this new set up on blogger.  Sunday was weigh in.  I am down 1.5 pounds.  I am at 183.9.  i have 4 pounds to go till i reach the next mini goal of under 180.  I have 5 pounds to go till i reach my sister.  :)  I am still chugging a long.  Some days are good and some days are harder.  Water Fitness is on the back burner until they hire a different instructor.  Edna is just too slow for me.    This Thursday I am going to check out the Tight and Tone class.  I also been taking small trips on my bike.
I went for a consult for my Varicose veins.  He recommends this procedure...
Ambulatory phlebectomy. With ambulatory phlebectomy (AM-byoo-luh-TOHR-ee fluh-BEHK-toh-mee), tiny cuts are made in the skin, and hooks are used to pull the vein out of the leg. Only the parts of your leg that are being pricked will be numbed with anesthesia. The vein is usually removed in 1 treatment. Very large varicose veins can be removed with this treatment while leaving only very small scars. Patients can return to normal activity the day after treatment. Possible side effects of the treatment include slight bruising and temporary numbness.
First I have to see how much it will cost.  Then if that is in the books I am thinking of doing it in the fall since the doctor said i would have to wear compression stocking for a bit after the procedure.  and  those aren't attractive with shorts :)

The other thing on my mind is that I have a bit of followers on here.  There are quite a few people who I have become roll model to.  This is new to me.  I am not use to be followed.  I always was the follower.  This is strange to me.   But it also makes you feel strange.  You have to be on your toes, you can't F up.  No falling off the wagon,  If i gain it can't be by much and it makes the need to loose that much greater cuz people are looking to you as inspiration, as someone to say "look if Leah can do this, I can too"  Don't get me wrong, this is good cuz it keeps me motivated and on track.  Some people say that it isn't good to compete but i do well with competion.  Right now my compition is my sister.  I am trying to reach her.  Like i said above, i am 5lbs away.  This is also good for her cuz she can feel me breathing down her neck and it give her motivation to go. (though her motivation isn't as strong as mine :)  So find what works for you and go with it.  Find a partner to diet with.  Find online friends to push you.  Find a workout that works for you.  Fit a workout in as best you can.  My little sister has that problem fitting a workout in for her.  I know she could if she tried.  Make time for YOU.  I started this journey with my husband.  We have lost the amount of a small person (over 100# together.)  My husband lost his way, yes he is still loosing but he stopped working out.  he would probably be farther if he kept it up but what can we do.  He is still loosing (it sucks though cuz i workout like a crazy person and he sits on his butt)  But if it wasn't for him pushing, i would still be where i was.  if it wasn't for me pushing him, he would have gave up.  So find your partner, find your muse.  You didn't get this way alone, You won't get skinny alone either.  Start small...and you will end up going big

No comments: