Saturday, January 14, 2012

Weigh In 1/14/12

Well i lost that pesky 2 lbs i gained last week. i started back to my working out even though i missed Friday due to some pesky testing we needed done for insurance.

These days i look down at my body and think "is those my legs" Why do i say this, becuz I am wearing Jeans. not jeans for just dinner out and then take off when i get home but jeans and being comfy in them, relaxing on the couch, laying in bed, not feeling confined and uncomfy jeans. Yes to some who don't know me or where i came from I am still obese. But my friends and I who know where i was at, i am uber thin. If i couldn't loose anymore weight I would be ok with it. I am 192, i have lost over 60 pounds. My knee no longer bugs me, i have more get up and go. I can fit is normal size cloths and not plus size and elastic pants.

I hear people say how they love their body, big or small. And yes when i was 254, i always told people "I may be fat but i don't let it stop me enjoy life" My MiL is one, she is all about the enjoying food and life. But now that i lost some of that fat, i now look back at my thinking and how delusional I was. I kept saying "I am fat but I am healthy" "i am fat but it don't stop me from enjoying life" but it did. I was self conscience when i went out to eat, I was wondering what people thought. I hated buying cloths, sure if you are fat and tall your options are wide for cute plus size cloths but when you are fat and short, it is hard. Though i was always active, i did water fitness and elliptical work. I would have never thought of doing a Body pump class. The Energy you have. I am sure i would have more though if i got better sleep. So yes, I am still enjoying food (just lighter) and enjoying life. I am happier.

What do i miss? I miss fast food. I haven't had a filet O fish in over a year, if i get any french fries from McD's it is a few swiped from my kids. I miss eating candy bars without feeling guilt. If I am out and about and need to eat, I have Subway or Arby's. I miss Wendy's, I miss McD's and most of all I miss Taco Bell. oh taco bell YUMMY. I also miss buffets, specifically Chinese buffets.

On to Food...This week they had Lean Cuisines on sale at Rainbow, 50% off. so we stocked up. and when i say stocked up I mean that i have NO ROOM in my standing freezer. I tried the Chicken Ranch Flat Bread Sandwich. OMG it was soooo good. And did you know Lean cuisine has started putting WW points plus points on their packaging. SWEET, though dh found that we can use our pizza oven to cook the sandwiches. sure it take a little longer than microwave but the bread toasts up so much better. and we do doctor it up a little by adding some extra light cheese. It is funny when talking with MiL, she is like "one of those meals. they are not enuf for me i have to eat 2" sure one meal is kinda tiny but if you pair it with something else, like some fruit, small salad, veggie on side or adding extra veggie, then it is OK. it is all about slowly decreasing your food and shrinking your stomach. listening to your body cues when it says it is full. A lot of people no longer have that in their body. Eating slowly so that your body has time to trigger your brain saying "ok you ate enuf" My husband eats too fast and takes too big of bites. this is why when he is done eating, he still is hungry. Also people are so concerned about waste. they will force themselves to finish it, even though they are full. Cuz you know you can't waste that, that is what doggy bags and storage containers are for. When i go to Subway, i get a foot long sub, i don't eat the whole thing, i eat half and take the other half home for the next day. We are going to go to Stir Crazy when we scrapbook, I am going to get the all you can eat, why...so i can take the second trip to go.

I suppose this is enuf of my meandering thoughts. it is early Saturday and I am really tired, thank you 4 legged alarm clock for waking me up early

1 comment:

A Frazzled Mommy said...

I'm blessed to be tall, and I'll still wear heels to make me taller for a slimmer look. That's probably a huge reason for my being comfortable now with how I look.

Now if I could kick mental illness' butt on a daily basis, I'd be doing great...