Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weigh in Day 1-21-12 happy but sad

Well weigh in day came and went yesterday. i got up early and weighed myself but it was way early (i did go back to bed) so then i weighed myself again when i got up the second time and it was lower, i am going with that ;) i lost 1 pound. not the 2 i was aiming for but a loss is a loss. I want to get to 190. I also have a month to hopefully get to 185 by March crop. (180 if possible but i won't be greedy)

This week i don't know how i will do workout wise. Tomorrow the kids have off and this is usually the day i do body pump. Also we are having Wintery Mix so the roads may be slick. so if i go out in to Pump i don't know. I may reschedule the oil change i have set up too. Wednesday is also Pump day but I will be missing that also which is the sad part. I am missing for a Funeral.

I have been to funerals before. But they were for older people who lived full lives and it was just their time. Well except my Uncle Dan, he was a great man and a car accident took his life and while yes he was older, he still had more life to live. But this funeral is for someone my age, someone who wasn't suppose to die. She was suppose to get her heart and get better and be healthy again. She got her heart but she didn't get better. She also leaves behind two little girls. Two girls who won't have a mom when it comes time to date, get their periods, go to homecoming or prom and when they get married. She leaves behind a husband who now has to decode girl code. Sure he would have to do that anyway but he would have had his wife to help him. And her friends. While i didn't know her extremely well, our children went to school together. Camden and Kira went to Ready Set Go for preschool then when and we chit chatted while we wait for them after school. Then her dd went on to Jr. K while C went to YMCA for preschool (yeh he did 2 yrs) When C started Kindergarten at Somerset, Kira also started. So Tonia and I's paths crossed again. This year is when I started to get her more during parent pick up at school. Our kids are now in 4th grade. I will miss her laugh and smile. She was always so happy, and I am sad that I won't get to know her better. I am sad that we lost a good friend. I am angry that she waited for this heart and she didn't make it. Our kids are moving on to Middle school next year and she isn't here to see it. I am just sad that she was so young and taken so soon. I have never been to a funeral where her young daughters will be to say goodbye to their mom. I am ok with funeral but I am not ok with seeing children hurt. A few of my friends are also bringing their children to the service to say goodbye and be their for their friend. So needless to say it is going to be an emotional week.

I will just leave it at this. Goodbye Tonia, you were an inspiration to us all. Despite feeling ill, despite going through all you have gone through, your smile and your laugh gave us hope and inspiration. You will be missed

No comments: