Saturday, January 7, 2012

Weigh In 1/7/12 New Year

First Weigh in of the new year and Sadly i have a gain but i am ok with that. I gained 1.9 lbs but given that is a gain over the holidays of just barely 2 lbs that is OK. Why did I gain? i didn't really watch what i ate this week. and i didn't really exercise. Things came up that i just couldn't get to the gym.

Monday - in laws were leaving at the time i would be heading to the gym, couldn't very well say "OK lock up when you leave, good bye love ya"
Tuesday - After being hostess with the mostess, i needed to De-holiday my house.
Wednesday - Silly me scheduled a dentist appointment for Sam during Pump time. (note to self : don't do that again)
Thursday - is Water fitness day but i didn't feel like going, I did do XBOX exercise game for 15 min though.
Friday - I went to body pump, didn't hurt to bad since i barely worked out.

I didn't go on elliptical either which i would normally do if i missed a gym day becuz Dh is home on vacay still and is hogging the bedroom TV or sleeping so I can't workout while he is in there cuz he makes comments or if i watch something asks questions throughout.

So back on track this week. I have a new phone so i have my mobile app downloaded so there really should be no excuses why I can't log my food. My workouts will resume also. Now that the insurance changed, we will no longer get $20 paid to my gym membership. it might cause me to slack a little since i don't have to reach the 12 session minimum anymore. I know i will continue with Pump, my water fitness though. not sure with winter months. I will try though. :) Our gym is also planning a big remodel. thankfully they will stay open during, they are adding on to the front of the building so the Pump room and pool will stay the same. I can't wait to see the result. they also said the remodel will slowly increase the fee but only by max of $4. they know that price matters and don't want to raise it too high. I LOVE MY GYM.

I love that when we did our yearly trip to Mall of America that i walked without need of sitting down. last year i found every opportunity to sit (i also was broken and crampy) but back then i thought i was fine. I was fat but healthy. now i realize how not fine i was. That is why i don't understand how women choose to get 400, 500, 600 pounds and think "I am healthy, I am ok, the doctors are fine with it" Do they not see how not fine it is? me loosing 60# and now i see how much more energy i have, how my legs don't hurt anymore, If I stay this weight I would be ok with it but I am not going to stop, i am going to continue. For me, for my family, for my friends to show them "IF I CAN DO IT, YOU CAN TOO" Yes you may be happy at your weight but the world open ups a whole new bunch of possibilities when you loose some too.

1 comment:

Rachel Schofield - Virtual Interior Decorator & Home Stager said...

If that's all you gained over the holidays, I wouldn't sweat it. Heck, that's considered "maintenance" by WW standards. :)