Saturday, February 5, 2011

Parmesan Almond Chicken

This is a recipe I tried today. It is rather tasty. though the chicken didn't come out crispy. it still was flavorful. I think I would cut back on the oregano. i even used 2tsp instead of 3 and it was still kinda strong. Maybe mix a little breadcrumb with the breading to give it a little crunch factor. I used shredded parm chopped so maybe it is suppose to be made with the Kraft grated. I don't know. but yeah quite nummy

Parmesan Almond Chicken

Tasty chicken breasts with almonds and parmesan.

Ingredients
2 oz parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsps butter, melted
3 tsps ground oregano leaves
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp salt
2 lbs chicken breast
1/4 cup ground almonds
Directions1.Heat oven to 400 °F (200 °C)
2.Spray a backing pan with a non-stick cooking spray.
3.Combine all ingredients together in a bowl except butter.
4.Dip chicken in butter and coat with combined ingredients.
5.Place in prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.

Note: chicken can be whole breast or cut into strips, I prefer strips but you decide.

No comments: