Monday, July 11, 2011

Grazing Platter

I know if you are like me, you walk through the kitchen and grab things. If you have kids there are usually quite a few things that you grab that really shouldn't. For instance yesterday it was cookies, fritos, and almonds. sure while almonds are good for you they are high in points, so you have to be careful when eating them. Why did I grab those things? cuz our "snack" cupboard was bare. Today i went out and got some more 'snacks' Carrots, cauliflower, radishes, and green pepper. So i made myself a grazing platter consisting of those four things. I am lucky in that I can eat them without the need for dip. My hubby needs dip, sucks to be him. All of those are zero point foods and I just recently learned that Green Pepper is a food that boosts your metabolism. BONUS! So i set out my grazing platter and when i run through the kitchen I can guilt free grab away. Sure it isn't as tasty as the fritos or the cookies but it is good for you and filling. So what would you put on your grazing platter?