Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wow That bag is heavy--am I being realistic or just careful

I know it has been awhile since I posted. OK it has only been a week. I skipped Weigh in. Well I didn't but i just didn't blog about it. I put on 0.7lb. So bummed. Yeah I know it is only 0.7lbs but Ugh i been working out like MAD. Sure I haven't been tracking much but I thought I was doing good not going CRAZY on the food. Apparently my thinking Muscle weighs more than fat don't fly. But it is so nice saying that. This weekend was a hard weekend as it was both DH and my birthday. DH took me out to eat on Saturday. i would have done OK but I ordered a blooming onion. Boy those are good. Then on Sunday I made a cake with cream cheese frosting (my first venture on the frosting) and man was that cake good. On top of it, today I am starting my cycle. OH JOY But fitness wise I am doing good. Sunday I did elliptical, Monday I did B.P, Tuesday I didn't go to the gym but i did clean out my garage all day (lifting, sweeping, walking) and i also did elliptical. Today I did both 35 in W.F and the hour class in B.P. I been averaging 5-6 days of working out a week. Today though I went up in weights on the back track and did good. now to see if I can go up in the chest workout. I just wish it wasn't such a big jump. back track I am pushing almost 20#. Chest and arms I am doing 4.4. squats I am doing 8.8. so if I go up in weights for chest and arms it will jump from 4.4 to the 8.8 that is the next number to go to. that is a big jump. I was thinking of wearing my wrist weights but that still will be 8.4lbs. i just don't know if I will be able to do that. I guess i could try it and if it don't work drop down again. Or i can use hand weights instead of the bar. then i could push 6lbs. i guess we will see on Friday.

I mentioned the garage. I was cleaning out the garage (wow i didn't get tired this time) and I came across these bags of mortar. They got hard being stored in the garage and I am not sure what to do with them. Maybe come spring i will take them to the dumpster on Saturday. But i noticed that the bags are 50# bags and HOLY CRAP they were heavy and all i could think was "DAMN and i was carrying that around on my body, no wonder i have more spring in my step these days"

Today in B.P I got to talking with a friend and she was saying her goal is to reach the pre-pregnancy weight. But her's is practically her weight out of school. I told her my goal is 150 or a size 10 jeans. I would be happy with 140. Anything under that is frosting on the cake. She asked what my WW weight is. Well for my height that is 115-120 but i don't think I will ever see that again. Am i just being realistic. She was shocked that I thought i couldn't reach that. But I am 39 years old. Sure I feel younger but really, I have had 3 kids, my body has changed, my metabolism has changed. I don't think I will ever see that weight again. So am i selling myself short. I did say that if i hit 140 I am not going to stick there. but I will be content there. I will continue working out and watching what I eat and if I go lower that is ok. But I am not going to bust my ass to get there. My sister weighs I think 122. I don't think I will ever be skinny like her. Am I just being realistic or do you think I am selling myself short. (ha short that is funny)

1 comment:

Rachel Schofield - Virtual Interior Decorator & Home Stager said...

I say shoot for 140, and if you think you can realistically go lower, then do so. But, it's not about being a supermodel -- it's about being functionally fit and healthy.