Saturday, August 6, 2011

Weigh In 8-6-11 Take that DeKalb

2 weigh in's this week. if you add in the 1.1 pounds that i lost on Wednesday with the 3.3 pounds I lost today. i lost 4.4 pounds this week. TAKE THAT DEKALB and all your nummy food and hot breakfest at the hotel. i only worked out 2 times this week too. Course dh gained all he lost cuz he isn't working out like he use to. he also eats alot more than me. I know he is a guy and should eat more than me but here is an example. i made breakfest the other day. i made egg mc muffin sandwiches with hashbrowns. I made Hunter 3 regular sausage (5pts) but Hunter didn't want them. offered them to dh which he took. He just eats without thinking. i was making spaghetti and he wanted bread with it. when i was making it he said "that's not enuf" so you kinda get what i am saying. he also is a muncher. and he will eat and come back 20m later saying he is hungry. I am shocked at the loss this week as i really didn't workout much. i did 2 days of water fitness.

Now I want to say to those who think they can't loose weight and don't have the will power to do it. IF I CAN YOU CAN. I was a see food eater. if i saw it, i ate it. i didn't think about it. I went through life not thinking about what i ate and kept thinking "i didn't eat alot" when it turns out i did eat alot. 60+ points a day. didn't think twice about grabbing that candy bar at the check out. eating a big helping of chips. a cup of mashed potatoes. a full rack of BBQ ribs. I am now at eating serving sizes of things. Yes i can still eat all the types of food i use to but i eat it in serving sizes. i love mashed potatoes but i only have a half a cup. pizza sure. but not 2-3 pieces. 1 piece with a salad or steamed broccoli. you get the point. you can have the yummy stuff but you just have to stick to managable sizes. oh and if there is a food that is a trigger. don't buy it. Elfin Cookies are my downfall. Sour licorice is also bad bad bad. and if you do have something yummy, try eating it slowly. that small piece will last longer and you will savory it. (like doritos) one thing though that is hard is eating out when running errands. all the fast food joints are uber high in points. my fall back is usually Arby's with a jr. roast beef and salad (about 6-7 points) washed down with a ice water or a diet soda. a taco at taco bell is 4pts.

here is hoping my loss continues next week. i am 6lbs away from my mini goal of 200.

2 comments:

Rachel Schofield - Virtual Interior Decorator & Home Stager said...

Wow, that's a huge loss this week. You avoided all those temptations. Good for you! We are both heading for our mini goal of 200. I'm 7.6lbs away from it.

A Frazzled Mommy said...

I'm so proud of you. I've noticed that I've kind of said "screw it" to serving sizes lately. You give me inspiration. I'll have to watch those serving sizes a bit more carefully.