Saturday, August 27, 2011

Weigh In 8/27/11----It's Only

First weigh in. I lost this week. only 0.6 pounds but a loss is a loss. I will take it. I worked out 4 days out of 7 (actual workouts) well I haven't registered today but i plan on moving furniture around and if hubby goes on his computer later I will do the elliptical and watch another episode of Royal pains. I do really need to keep a closer eye on my food. I am sure i have gone over a few days. Maybe when the kids head back to school it will be easier cuz then my munching will be less likely. Also with the kids going back my water fitness will be going from 60m to 90 min and I may or may not go to the gym on Friday. Monday i can do elliptical at home when hubby goes back to work.

IT'S ONLY

Those 2 words are some of the worst words of dieting/food watching. My husband says it a lot and this is one of the reason he keeps loosing and gaining the same 5 pounds. He will eat something and will say "but it's only XX point" or "it's only a turkey stick" or "it's only this one time" But those It's Only's add up and this is causing him to go up and down. I know I am not an expert on weight loss, I am not a teacher. But I have lost 45pounds since the start of this. And my husband and his excuse of It's Only don't work. you have to be accountable for what you do and what you eat. If I gain, I know why and I don't say when i eat something i shouldn't "It's only" if i am going to splurge on something i know it will come back. If i feel i need to splurge on something i try to workout before i splurge so my body is in burn mode or i try to eat my splurge at the beginning of the week so i have all week to work extra hard to burn it. My husband also hasn't exercised all week, he kept saying "I will next week" that paired with his weird sleep schedule cause him to eat at the wrong times. (3rd shift) I have regular days. I wake up eat, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, maybe an evening snack (depends on how late i eat) Thursday Night was an It's only for hubby. he was up most the night (sleep schedule) and when i got up i saw that there was a cup on his side of the bed. He ate mini chips ahoy and milk. WHY not sure. there was stuff in the house better. if he wanted sweet he could have had a fiber bar. I had grapes, carrots, melon, salad making all for him to eat. but yet he goes for the cookies, not sure where that bag of licorice is. He needs to take charge of his diet and stop relying on me to feed him. On work days he looses. but on off days he don't. hmmm is that becuz i am making his meals for him on work days.

I got off track. The bottom line. Try to avoid the "It's Only" trap. be aware of what you are eating. if you don't know the points, call your buddy to look up the points for you. look them up on your phone and if you can't find out if it is ok to eat, avoid it. You never know, that It's Only could be 20pts and there goes 2/3 of your days points.

1 comment:

Rachel Schofield - Virtual Interior Decorator & Home Stager said...

You are so right! "It's only" is one of those lies we tell ourselves. Keep on losing! :)